Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quotes on Food

My tastes are simple, I am easily satisfied by the best.  
~Sir Winston Churchill


Some people have a foolish way of not minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat.  For my part, I mind my belly very studiously and very carefully; for I look upon it that he that does not mind his belly will hardly mind anything else.
~Dr. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)


Edible, adj.:  Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. 
 ~Ambrose Bierce


All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.  
~John Gunther


It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.  
~Lewis Grizzard


The greatest delight the fields and woods minister is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable.  I am not alone and unacknowledged.  They nod to me and I to them.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.  
~Alfred E. Newman


There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will.  
~Robert Frost


Nobody seems more obsessed by diet than our anti-materialistic, otherworldly, New Age spiritual types.  But if the material world is merely illusion, an honest guru should be as content with Budweiser and bratwurst as with raw carrot juice, tofu and seaweed slime.  
~Edward Abbey


He who distinguishes the true savor of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise.  
~Henry David Thoreau


Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.  
~Mark Twain


As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.  
~Joan Gussow


There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect to eat.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


A three-year-old gave this reaction to her Christmas dinner:  "I don't like the turkey, but I like the bread he ate."  
~Author Unknown


Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy  
~Ben Franklin


Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer.
~Henry Lawson



From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world.
~Saint Arnold of Metz, The patron Saint of Brewers



Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of good wine. 
~St. Thomas Aquina


We may find in the log run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun. 
~George Orwell

2 comments:

  1. It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete