Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My New Sauerkraut

My new sauerkraut
I wish my good computer was working so I could color correct this photo. This kraut almost glows in the dark it is so bright pink, and the taste is fantastic!


I recently wrote about my first attempt at making sauerkraut. That sauerkraut was good, but the kraut I made next was really, really good. It was made with one head of green cabbage, one head of red cabbage, one apple, one tablespoon of caraway seeds, and about three tablespoons of salt. I let it ferment for about 5 days at room temperature, it gave a moderate amount of bubbling, and turned a brilliant, bright pink. The taste is amazing. Perfectly sour. Tart but not overpowering. Subtle sweetness and with a hint of caraway. I love it. If you like sauerkraut, then give this one a try.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I just got some red cabbage and was thinking I wonder if...and you beat me to end product! :-) Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really happy found this website eventually. Really informative and inoperative, Thanks for the post and effort! Please keep sharing more such blog norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  3. شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان

    شركة تنظيف منازل بجازان

    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان

    من افضل واكبر الشركات المتخصصه نعتبر من الشركات الرائده بمجال تنظيف الخازانات نستخدم افضل واحدث الوسائل والادوات المستخدمة في تنظيف الخازانات بجازان

    ReplyDelete